Advertisement

Smoldering grill likely sparked Biloxi fire

Published: Dec. 15, 2014 at 11:27 AM CST|Updated: Dec. 15, 2014 at 1:20 PM CST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

BILOXI, MS (WLOX) - Here's the latest on that fire at a Biloxi home we broke on Good Morning Mississippi and through a WLOX.com breaking news email.  Biloxi Battalion Chief Tony McCormick says the fire was likely sparked by a grill. The family used the grill Sunday night. Fire investigators believe smoldering charcoal bricks fell through front deck and set it on fire. The fire was contained to the front deck and porch area and didn't get inside the home.

Biloxi firefighters arrived at 160 St. Charles Avenue just before 5:45 a.m. Biloxi dispatch tells us they received the call around 5:43 a.m.

Copyright WLOX 2014. All rights reserved.