Mississippi State vs. Notre Dame Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Published: Mar. 18, 2023 at 2:38 AM CDT|Updated: Mar. 19, 2023 at 10:41 AM CDT
Sunday's game features the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (26-5) and the Mississippi State Bulldogs (22-10) matching up at Purcell Pavilion in what should be a one-sided matchup, with a projected 72-61 win for heavily favored Notre Dame according to our computer prediction. Tipoff is at 3:30 PM ET on March 19.
The Bulldogs came out on top in their last matchup 81-66 against Creighton on Friday.
Mississippi State vs. Notre Dame Game Info
- When: Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 3:30 PM ET
- Where: Purcell Pavilion in South Bend, Indiana
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch college hoops and other live sports without cable!
Mississippi State vs. Notre Dame Score Prediction
- Prediction: Notre Dame 72, Mississippi State 61
Mississippi State Schedule Analysis
- In their best win of the season, the Bulldogs defeated the No. 24 Tennessee Lady Volunteers, 91-90, on February 6.
- When facing Quadrant 1 teams, the Bulldogs are 2-9 (.182%) -- tied for the 50th-most wins, but also tied for the 37th-most losses.
- Mississippi State has seven wins versus Quadrant 2 opponents, tied for the 16th-most in the nation.
- Based on the RPI, the Fighting Irish have eight wins against Quadrant 3 teams, tied for the 28th-most in the country.
Mississippi State 2022-23 Best Wins
- 91-90 at home over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on February 6
- 81-66 over Creighton (No. 16) on March 17
- 60-45 at home over Alabama (No. 43) on February 19
- 87-73 at home over Arkansas (No. 47) on February 23
- 70-56 over Illinois (No. 54) on March 15
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
Mississippi State Performance Insights
- The Bulldogs' +402 scoring differential (outscoring opponents by 12.6 points per game) is a result of putting up 71.8 points per game (58th in college basketball) while giving up 59.2 per outing (51st in college basketball).
- Mississippi State has averaged 6.2 fewer points in SEC play (65.6) than overall (71.8).
- In 2022-23 the Bulldogs are scoring 14.5 more points per game at home (76.1) than away (61.6).
- In 2022-23 Mississippi State is conceding 7.2 fewer points per game at home (56.8) than on the road (64).
- The Bulldogs are putting up 72.5 points per contest over their previous 10 games, which is 0.7 more than their average for the season (71.8).
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.