Discarded cigarette leads to fire in Harrison County
HARRISON COUNTY, Miss. (WLOX) - Friday morning, officials with Harrison County Fire Rescue and D’Iberville Fire Department worked to contain a fire in east Harrison County.
Officials say the fire began after a cigarette was discarded in the grass. While there were no injuries, a barn and a camper were caught in the flames.
This is at least the second time a discarded cigarette has led to a fire this week, with another engulfing six vehicles.
A burn ban issued by the Mississippi Forestry Commission has been in place since August 18 due to extremely dry conditions leaving grass and brush prone to burning.
Click here to subscribe to WLOX News on YouTube: Keep up with South Mississippi news, sports, and local events on our YouTube channel!
Copyright 2023 WLOX. All rights reserved.