LIST: Sandbag locations set to open Friday
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - As South Mississippi prepares for potential tropical weather in the next few days, sand and bags are being staged for public use.
Harrison County will open several locations Friday, August 27, at 8 a.m. Jackson and Hancock county’s locations should be open by noon on Friday. We will add additional locations to this list as they are announced.
As always, remember to bring your own shovel and a little muscle to fill the bags. Only bags and sand are provided.
- District 5 Woolmarket Work Center, 16395 Old Woolmarket Rd.
- Henry Beck Park, 671 Division St.
- Todd Migues Park, 425 Parker St.
- Cavalier Park, 2059 Lawrence St.
- A.J. Holloway Sports Complex, 765 Wells Dr.
- Fire Station #8, 8479 Woolmarket Rd.
- Fire Station #9, 9370 Oaklawn Rd.
- District 1 D’Iberville Work Center, 10085 Doris Deno Ave.
- Near Marine under I-110 bridge
- HWY 90 & Courthouse Rd. (south of HWY 90)
- Harrison County Road Department, 10076 Lorraine Rd.
- District 2 Lyman Work Center, 15001 County Farm Rd.
- District 4 Orange Grove Work Center, 8300 34th Ave.
- Orange Grove Community Center on Dedeaux Rd.
- Fire Station #2, 1200 42nd Ave.
- Intersection of Hewes Ave and Glover St.
- District 3 Long Beach Work Center, 605 North Seal Ave.
- Long Beach Harbor.
- Ocean Springs Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Dr.
- West Division Roads Department, N. Washington Ave. (Hwy. 609)
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm St.
- Gautier, Behind City Hall, Highway 90.
- Pascagoula, Jackson County Fairgrounds 2902 Shortcut Rd.
- West Division Roads Department N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609) Ocean Springs.
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South Ocean Springs.
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point.
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point.
- Central Division Roads Department, 8500 Jim Ramsey Road, Vancleave.
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs.
- Old Americus Road Fire Dept, 24321 Old Americus Road, Lucedale
- Moss Point, New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview St.
- Moss Point, Escatawpa Fire Station, 3801 Sentinel Dr.
**If you need assistance with getting the sandbags, contact the Hancock County Emergency Management Agency at 228-255-0942 or Hancock County Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191.
- Hancock County Horse Arena, 4184 Kiln Delisle Rd.
- Old Hancock County Complex, 3068 Longfellow Dr.
- Lakeshore Community Center, 6440 Lower Bay Rd.
- Bayside Fire Department, 6215 West Hinds St.
- West Hancock Fire Department, 16006 Washington St.
- Diamondhead City Hall, 5000 Diamondhead Cir.
Copyright 2021 WLOX. All rights reserved.