SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - With rain continuing to fall across South Mississippi, a flash flooding watch remains in effect for the area. Several roads are closed across the Gulf Coast.
Here is a list of the ones we know about. We will update this list as new information comes in.
- Canal Rd, between Landon and Robinson
- Shaw Rd, near Morgan Ln
- Highway 90 at Bellman: The city reports that cars are attempting to drive through water and becoming stranded.
- Crawford St
- Saratoga Ave.
- Ingalls Ave.
- 13th and 14th St.
- Chicot St.
- Cleveland Ave.
- 12th St.
- Sherwood Ave.
- Parsley Ave.
- 11th St.
- North Old Mobile Hwy.
- King Ave.
- Belair St.
- Jamaica Ave.
- Hospital Rd. from the Roundabout to Telephone Rd.
- Intersection at Market St. and Hwy. 90
- Roads that typically flood, especially around Lickskillet Road and the Lamey Bridge Road area, currently have water over them.
Emergency officials across South Mississippi are asking drivers to be cautious of water over the roadways and “turn around, don’t drown.”
Remember, do not enter or cross flowing water or water of unknown depth. Stay away or be swept away. River banks and culverts can become unstable and unsafe.
For the latest look at the weather where you are, please visit the WLOX First Alert Weather page.