Masks, social distancing still required in Mississippi casinos, says gaming commission
BILOXI, Miss. (WLOX) - Despite statewide restrictions being lifted for businesses in Mississippi, casinos in the state will continue to require masks and social distancing.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission released its updated operating guidelines on Thursday, saying that masks and many of the protocols previously implemented in 2020 will remain in place at casinos throughout the state.
The MGC’s latest industry letter, which goes into effect March 4 at 5 p.m. lists the following guidelines:
- The number of guests on the property shall be limited to no greater than 75% of the property’s maximum occupancy.
- All persons in indoor public areas of a casino property shall be required to wear a mask or face shield covering the nose and mouth. Persons may remove masks temporarily while eating or drinking or when asked by casino staff for identification.
- Adopt measures to encourage social distancing between patrons and between staff that are not in the same household. Appropriate signage reminding guests to practice social distancing will be placed in the casino, hotel and elevator areas.
- Signage will be placed at all entrances depicting a checklist of COVID-19 symptoms and asking staff members and guests to not enter the property if their answer is “YES” to any question on the checklist.
- Staff members will be regularly deployed to guest and staff member touch-points for cleaning and disinfecting. High frequency touch-points will be sanitized at least once every two hours. Staff members will be trained on proper cleaning and disinfecting protocol.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to guests throughout the gaming floor, and signage will be posted asking guests to sanitize prior to playing at slot machines or gaming tables.
- To minimize potential hotel housekeeping team member exposure, housekeeping room services will be offered at check-out only (or upon request by guest).
- Guests or staff not adhering to these requirements will be advised of the requirements and warned that if they continue to disregard they will be asked to leave the property.
Copyright 2021 WLOX. All rights reserved.