HARRISON COUNTY, Miss. (WLOX) - Harrison County advises everyone the risk of exposure to carbon monoxide after Hurricane Zeta knocked out many South Mississippians source of power, resulting to using other methods of electricity.
Officials advise everyone not to use generators, pressure washers or other gasoline, propane, natural gas or wood burning devices inside your home, basement, garage, camper or outside next to a window.
While using these sources, carbon monoxide can build up in your bloodstream, which can poison humans and animals, resulting in illness or death.
If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning and are feeling light-headed or nauseated, please seek medical attention immediately.