LIST: Self-serve sandbag locations available in South Mississippi
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - In preparation for the eventual landfall of Tropical Storm Cristobal and potential flooding on the Gulf Coast, self-serve sandbag locations are open across the coast.
Those wishing to use the service must bring their own shovels and fill their own bags, with the exception of three sites in Gulfport. The following sites will be staffed at specific times for those residents who need help filling bags - Friday from noon to 5:30pm, Saturday from 8:00am until 5:30pm, and Sunday and Monday as conditions allow.
- Orange Grove Community Center on Dedeaux Road
- The fire station on 42nd Avenue
- The intersection of Hewes Avenue and Glover Street
The self-serve locations in Harrison County are:
- Harrison County Road Department, 10076 Lorraine Road in Gulfport
- D’Iberville Work Center, 10085 Doris Deno Avenue in D’Iberville
- Lyman Work Center, 15001 County Farm Road in Gulfport
- Long Beach Work Center, 605 North Seal Avenue in Long Beach
- Orange Grove Work Center, 8300 34th Avenue in Gulfport
- Woolmarket Work Center, 16395 Old Woolmarket Road in Biloxi
- Courthouse Road parking area, Courthouse Road and Highway 90 in Gulfport
- Long Beach Harbor parking area, Highway 90 in Long Beach
The locations in Jackson County are:
- West Division Roads Department, 6900 N. Washington Avenue (Hwy. 609), Ocean Springs
- Central Road Department, 8500 Jim Ramsay Road, Vancleave
- East Division Roads Department, 10825 Hwy. 63, Moss Point
- Forts Lake Fire Department, 10701 Forts Lake Road, Moss Point
- Escatawpa VFD, 3801 Sentinel Dr, Moss Point
- Fontainebleau Fire Department, 3901 Hwy. 57 South, Ocean Springs
- St. Andrews Fire Department, 1401 Elm Street, Ocean Springs
- Gautier - Behind City Hall, Highway 90
- Moss Point - New Central Fire Station, 4204 Bellview Street
- Ocean Springs - Public Works Department, 712 A Pine Drive
- Pascagoula - Jackson County Fairgrounds, 2902 Shortcut Rd
The locations in Hancock County are:
- Diamondhead City Hall
For the latest information on Tropical Storm Cristobal, keep up with the WLOX First Alert Weather Team.
Copyright 2020 WLOX. All rights reserved.