EDITOR’S NOTE: WLOX has decided not to identify the teens who are younger than 18-years-old
JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WLOX) - Eight teenagers have been arrested in connection to two separate shootings that happened in Jackson County.
Police had seven of the teenagers in custody, but arrested the eighth suspect Tuesday. The 16-year-old was picked up by U.S. Marshals.
Both shootings took place on the night of September 8, 2019.
Sheriff Mike Ezell says gunshots were fired into a home on Ash Street in the Fontainebleau Community, which resulted in the arrests of:
- Jakob Segan, 19, of Ocean Springs, who was arrested Saturday, is currently in jail with a $250,000 bond.
- Jy’Terrian Agee, 18, of Gautier, who was arrested on Friday, is currently in jail with a $10,000 bond.
- A 15-year-old of Ocean Springs has bonded out.
- A 14-year-old of Ocean Springs, who is currently still in jail.
Each person is being charged as an adult with shooting into a dwelling house in both the city and county. The shooting was reported around 7:49 p.m.
A separate shooting happened in Ocean Springs on the same night, which is what lead investigators to believe they were connected. From this shooting, Ocean Springs police arrested the following three teenagers:
- Seth Mears, 18, of Ocean Springs, who was arrested Thursday, is currently in jail on a $500,000 bond.
- A 17-year-old of Ocean Springs is being held without bond.
- A 16-year-old of Ocean Springs is being held without bond.
They are each charged with drive by shooting. The house was occupied at the time and police were called between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m.
No one was hurt in either shooting.
All of the suspects before Tuesday’s arrests were arrested between Thursday and Saturday. As deputies continue their investigation, more arrests are possible.