LIST: Roads closed throughout South Mississippi due to flooding
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI, (WLOX) - After hours of flooding, many roads in South Mississippi have become impassable. Emergency rescue crews have been working non stop rescuing residents from high-rising water.
Several road closures have been put in place until the water recedes.
- Cable Bridge Road from Vidalia to Wolf River Road
- Curtis Street (Biloxi River Estates community)
- Belinda Avenue (Biloxi River Estates community)
- Sheldon Street (Biloxi River Estates community)
- Carlton Cuevas Road
- Bert Dedeaux/Old Hwy 26
- Desoto Road North Carr Bridge
- Bells Ferry
- River Road near Dedeaux Park Gulfport
- REOPENED: Three Rivers Road at River Road
- Hwy 613 between Wolf Ridge Road and Saracennia Road
- Hwy 57 between Vestry Road and Berry Road
PEARL RIVER COUNTY
- Hwy 43 between Pine Grove Road and Cyber Hills Road
- East Boley Road at the end of Anchor Lake
- Part of Hwy. 15 near Red Creek Bridge and Ramsey Springs General Store
- John Willis Road
- City Bridge Road
- Beaver Dam South Road
- Beaver Dam Road at the first bridge by Gartman Road
- Riceville Road to Harrison County
- C G Evans Road
- Denson Road
- Big 4 Road
- REOPENED: Parts of Hwy 49 near MGCCC
- REOPENED: Hwy 26 between I-59 and U.S. 49 (12:35 p.m.)
- REOPENED: West McHenry Road
- REOPENED: Stump Texas Road
- REOPENED: Desoto Road
- REOPENED: Old Hwy 26 at Batson Catfish Farm
Many roads have not been officially closed but are impassable due to flooding. Officials are asking everyone to “turn around, don’t drown." If roads are flooded or warning signs have been posted, then don’t ignore those signs.
Please use caution during this time, and don’t travel on the roadways unless absolutely necessary.
Copyright 2019 WLOX. All rights reserved.