JACKSON, MS (WDAM/AP) - Mississippi’s top health official said no one was infected when a traveler with measles stopped at several restaurants in Hattiesburg last month, according to The Associated Press.
State health officials said a contagious out-of-state traveler visited the Subway inside a Circle K on U.S. Highway on April 9, the food court inside Turtle Creek Mall on April 10 and at the Raising Cane’s on Hardy Street on April 10. State Health Officer Dr. Thomas Dobbs and State Epidemiologist Paul Byers warned of the possible exposure during a news conference on April 19.
The AP reports that Dobbs said Friday no exposures were detected during further investigations.
The exposure scare happened during America’s worst measles outbreak in more than two decades. As of April 26, 704 cases of measles had been confirmed in the U.S. in 2019, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
No cases have been reported in Mississippi. Dobbs said Mississippi’s vaccination laws have played a large part in preventing the spread of the disease to the state, according to the AP report.