SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - We have finally welcomed back sunnier skies after a stretch of eight cloudy, foggy, and rainy days in a row.
Dry high pressure moves in for the weekend allowing for a fair weather pattern. Hopefully you have plans to head outdoors and enjoy this pleasant change up to our recent dreary days. Here’s what to expect:
- Sunny times and cloudy times
- Drier and cooler with breezy west wind
- Abundant sunshine
- Chilly mornings, pleasant afternoons
- Very little rainfall expected
- Perhaps a slight chance for rain showers around Tuesday with a weak cold front
This drier weather pattern into mid-January will hopefully help to alleviate our river flooding issues in coastal Mississippi. Over the last seven days, many locations in coastal Mississippi have received heavy to very heavy rainfall totals with some higher than three inches.