SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - Our gloomy weather from 2018 has followed us right into the new year. But, there’s a bright light of sunshine at the end of this cloudy tunnel.
Change is around the corner as a strong cold front sets its sights on our Gulf Coast region later this week. It sends a round of rain our way and then we clear out for the weekend with abundant sunshine expected by Saturday. Here’s what to expect for the South Mississippi region:
- A few on-and-off showers with isolated downpours
- Rain amounts up to an inch possible
- Widespread rain with numerous downpours, perhaps a rumble of thunder
- No severe, damaging, weather expected
- Heavy rainfall up to two inches possible; isolated flooding can’t be ruled out especially in low-lying areas
- Rain ending by sunrise, turning drier and cooler
- Perhaps lingering clouds Friday, but much sunnier Saturday
Be sure to download our WLOX First Alert Weather App. If you have it already, make certain that it’s updated to the very latest version. There is a new and very useful future radar tool that allows you to track rain activity on the interactive radar map. It comes in handy when trying to make plans and trying to avoid getting poured on!
You can also see your latest local forecast by heading to our Weather Page or by opening your WLOX Weather App.