Christmas tree recycling begins Wednesday
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - When you get ready to put away your Christmas decorations, don’t throw away your trees. Instead, drop them off at one of the recycling stations in Harrison and Jackson Counties.
Before long, the Rodenberg Avenue dropoff site will have dozens of tree piled up. The county and Mississippi Power will turn those trees into wood chips and mulch. The mulch will ultimately be used in gardens and parks around Harrison County. Christmas tree recycling locations in Harrison County will be set up from now through January 18.
Harrison County Christmas tree recycling stations:
• Mississippi Power’s Plant Watson on Cowan-Lorraine Rd. – Gulfport
• Rodenburg Ave. Hwy. 90 Parking Bay – Biloxi
• Courthouse Road Pier – Gulfport
• Long Beach Harbor – Long Beach
• Pass Christian Harbor – Pass Christian
Jackson County Christmas tree recycling stations will be available through January 31:
* Jackson County Rubbish Site - 10501 Seaman Rd., Vancleave
* Jackson County Recreation Department - Ball Park Rd., Vancleave
* Jackson County West Roads Department - Hwy 609
* Jackson County East Roads Department - Hwy 63
* Jackson County Fair Grounds in Pascagoula
Copyright 2018 WLOX. All rights reserved.