The following is the most up-to-date information reported to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency concerning the impact from Hurricane Gustav.
The Harrison County point of distribution sites for ice and water have closed and are not scheduled to re-open because of the slow turn out at designated distribution points.
The following sites are still open until local authorities no long request them:
- The Kiln ball field 18324 Highway 43, Kiln.
- Fred's old parking lot, 3044 Highway 90, Waveland
- 44,841 total outages statewide.
- Entergy: 17,944 outages E
- lectric Power Associations of Mississippi: 26,896.
- MS Power had 1 power outage as of 6:27 a.m.
- Most outages are still in the south/southwest parts of the state.
- Highway 90 in Harrison County is now open
- U.S. Highway 98 between Summit and Bude is closed for road repairs. Only local traffic will be allowed in that area. There are signs located at U.S. 98 and I-55 in Summit and at the intersection of U.S. Highway 98 and Highway 184 in Bude to inform the public of the closure.
- Highway 604 in Hancock County remains closed.
- Natchez Trace Parkway closed from Jackson to Natchez.
- Highway 556 and U.S. 98 is open to traffic.
- Highway 51 at Lake Dixie Springs is open to traffic.
The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) announced Wednesday that all Mississippi beaches will be closed until further notice due to Hurricane Gustav. MDEQ will notify the public when the beaches can reopen after water quality samples meet approved standards, debris has been cleared, and access issues to the beaches have been resolved.
98 shelters statewide and 12,618 evacuees. Those who were seeking refuge from Hurricane Gustav are gradually starting to leave. The peak number of evacuees in Mississippi shelters was more than 14,000.
The following schools are still closed because of Hurricane Gustav:
- Amite County School District
- Bay Waveland School District
- Brookhaven School District
- Claiborne County School District
- East Jasper School District
- Franklin County School District
- Hancock County School District
- Jackson County School District
- Jefferson County School District
- Lincoln County School District
- Marion County School District
- MS Band of Choctaw Indians Schools
- MS School for the Arts
- Natchez-Adams School District
- Pass Christian Public School District
- South Pike School District
- Walthall County School District
- West Jasper Consolidated School District
- Wilkinson County School District
- Natchez-Adams School District.
Boil water notices
28 statewide since Friday. The following boil water notices are still issued because of Hurricane Gustav:
- Lincoln County for the Bogue Chitto Water Association.
- The Pine Haven Mobile Home Village water supply in Harrison County affecting 330 customers.
- The City of Waveland water supply in Hancock County affecting 1,875 customers in the area south of the railroad tracks.
- The TESI: Beach Bayou water supply in Jackson County affecting 25 customers.
- The TESI: Langley Point water supply in Jackson County affecting 38 customers.
- The Reedtown Water Assn water supply in Claiborne County affecting 504 customers.
- The CS&I Water Assn #1 water supply in Claiborne County affecting 1,100 customers.
- The Pattison Water Assn-West water supply in Claiborne County affecting 2,955 customers.
- The Liberty Road Trailer Park water supply in Pearl River County affecting 78 customers.
- The Coles Community Water Assn #1 and #2 water supply in Amite County affecting 600 customers.
- The Town of Crosby water supply in Amite County affecting 458 customers.
- The North Street Water Assn water supply in Pike County affecting 303 customers.
- The Buffalo Water Assn water supply in Wilkinson County affecting 1,200 customers.