Here are some tips to prevent mosquito bites and reduce the risk of West Nile virus.
- Remove any standing water where mosquitos breed. Things like flower pots, dog dishes, or buckets.
- Wear insect repellent with the ingredient DEET. The concentration should be 20 to 30 percent for adults, 10 percent for children.
- Don't wear perfume or scented cosmetics or lotions outside.
- Keep covered with long sleeves & pants.
- Avoid mosquitos when they're most active at dawn and dusk by staying indoors.
For more information on the West Nile virus, check out these websites: