Poplarville's famed Blueberry Jubilee is coming up June 11th!
Here are some recipes to get you in the mood:
- 1 18-ounce package Refrigerated Sugar Slice N'Bake Cookie, at room temperature
- 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 1/2 cups Blueberry Pie filling (recipe below)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press dough evenly in a greased 13x9x2 baking pan. Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and lemon rind in a medium bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Spread cheese mixture over cookie dough. Dollop blueberry pie filling on cheese mixture; swirl with a knife or metal spatula. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate. Makes 48 bars.
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar (more if desired)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine