- 1 lb. smoked sausage - cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large yellow onion - diced
- 1 large can of tomato paste
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- 1/4 large bell pepper, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 tsp. liquid crab boil
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cup rice
Saute the sausage and onions until clear. Add tomato paste and cook for 3 minutes. In a 12 quart pot, add all of this and the tomato sauce, 2 cans of water for each can of tomato paste/sauce you use, bell pepper, garlic salt, crab boil and bay leaves.
Cook on medium 45 minutes to an hour. Now add the shrimp Bring to a simmer and cook for about 3 minutes. Add the 2 cups of long grain rice. Carefully stir the bottom of the pot occasionally. cook on low for 20-30 minutes. Let it set and soak up the sauce for 30 minutes.