Easter is one of my favorite times of the year. Maybe you need an idea for a quick breakfast after sunrise service or an idea for a delicious light dessert. Try one of my recipes for a new Easter favorite. Happy Easter!
Overnight Egg Casserole
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 lb. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 lb. fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 T. prepared mustard
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
Place bread cubes in a greased 13 x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; set aside. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Crumble sausage over the cheese and bread. Beat the eggs, milk, mustard, soup and broth; pour over sausage. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 2-3 hours before baking. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 50-60 minutes or just until set. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
BLT Brunch Pie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream*
Combine first 4 ingredients; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in sour cream. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes. Press pastry into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise*
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 T. chopped green pepper
- 1 T. chopped onion
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
Combine mayonnaise, Cheddar cheese, mushrooms, bacon, green pepper and onion. Layer half of the tomatoes in crust; top with half of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers.
*Reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream and mayonnaise may not be substituted.
Luscious Lemon Poke Cake
- 2 baked round white cake layers (9-in.), cooled
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) or 2 pkg. (4-serving size each) lemon flavor gelatin
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 pkg. (4-serving size) lemon flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 3 cups thawed whipped topping
Place cake layers, top-sides up, in two clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cakes with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals. Stir boiling water into dry gelatin, mix in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully pour evenly over cake layers. Refrigerate 3 hours. Pour milk into large bowl. Add dry pudding mix. Beat with whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping; set aside.
Dip one cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 pkg. (4 serving size) vanilla fat free, sugar free pudding & pie filling
- 1 c. thawed light whipped topping
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) round angel food cake
- 10 fresh strawberries