The Mississippi Center for Justice is offering free legal assistance to coast residents still recovering from Hurricane Katrina. This special project is especially targeted to help those who may have inherited property, but not gotten a court to enter judgment passing title to the heirs.
Those seeking help are asked to bring documents related to the problem such as:
- Last Deed Recorded
- Tax Records
- Insurance Policies
- Notices Related to Property
- Agreements Among Co-owners
- MDA Grant Application
- Materials Submitted with MDA Grant Application
- Power of Attorney Conservatorship Documentation
- Family Records (i.e, Death Certificates)
The Mississippi Center for Justice
974 Division Street
Thursdays - 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Fridays - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Or set an appointment by calling (228) 435-7284