Now is the time to make your winning game plan for the foods the fans at your house will love. Kraft foods sent me some wonderful recipes to share with you. I have also included an oldie but a goodie recipe of mine - Sausage French Bread Dip. Whether your team wins or loses, you'll still have a great party with these recipes and safety ideas.
Super Bowl Safety Rules
- Keep hot foods hot.
- Keep cold foods cold.
- Don't leave foods out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours.
- Use slow cookers and warming trays to maintain hot foods.
- Use ice chests to keep foods cold and cut down on going in and out of the refrigerator.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water.
- Use paper towels for drying hands.
Sausage French Bread Dip
- 1 (8-oz.) package sour cream
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 lb. bulk sausage
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 (12-oz.) package shredded cheese
Cook sausage and drain well. Blend in cream cheese and sour cream. Add sausage, chilies and 8 oz. of shredded cheese. Hollow loaf of French or Italian bread. Place dip in bread. Sprinkle extra cheese on top. Wrap in foil. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Toast the cut out bread for dipping and also serve with Fritos or Doritos.
Cheesy Pepperoni Pulls
- 4 oz. Oscar Mayer Pepperoni slices
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 1 cup Kraft shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg. (13.4-oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine pepperoni, peppers, onions, tomatoes and dressing in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese. Unroll pizza dough; cut into 2-inch pieces with sharp knife or kitchen shears. Place evenly over cheese. Bake 30 min.; cool 10 min. Invert onto platter; carefully remove dish.
Bacon Cheeseburger Roll-Up
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 lb. (8-oz.) Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pkg. (13.8-oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
Preheat oven to 400° F. Cook ground beef, bacon and onions in large skillet on medium-high heat until ground beef is evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Drain; return meat mixture to skillet. Add Velveeta; cook until completely melted, stirring frequently. Cool 10 min. Unroll pizza dough onto baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Press into 15x8-inch rectangle. Top evenly with meat mixture. Roll up dough, starting at one of the long sides. Rearrange, if necessary, so roll is seam-side down on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until golden brown. Cut diagonally into six slices to serve.
Spicy Tomato-Cheese Bread
- 1-1/2 cups Kraft 2% Milk Shredded Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer turkey bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) French bread, cut into 20 slices
Mix cheese, turkey bacon and pepper. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Top evenly with tomatoes; sprinkle evenly with cheese mixture. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Double Onion Dip
- 2 Tbsp. Kraft Light Zesty Italian Reduced Fat Dressing
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 2 c.)
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup Kraft Light Mayonnaise
- 1 pkg. (8-oz.) Philadelphia Neufchatel cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- Wheat Thins snack crackers