The New Orleans Saints caravan made a pit stop on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Head coach Jim Haslett and General Manager Randy Mueller are trying to spread the word, the good news about the Saints.
One sour note has developed, and that surrounds the status of all pro wide receiver Joe Horn.
The 7 year NFL veteran, who played his junior college football at Itawamba Community College, is presently involved in a contract dispute.
Despite having a few years remaining on his contact, Horn is blowing smoke, saying he will hold out until the Saints offer a new deal.
General manager Randy Mueller says the Saints will continue to throw the football with or without Joe Horn. "That's up to him. You know he has three left on a contract that was revamped last year, so I don't anticipate any problem. We've got capable receivers in Jerome Pathon and Donte' Stallworth. We will go on either way," he said.
Over the past two seasons Joe Horn snagged 177 passes for two-thousand-605 yards and 17 touchdowns.
Despite a downward trend last season, Mueller believes the Saints are heading in the right direction.
Mueller said, "I'm excited about our team. I think we've got a good nucleus of players. The only thing for sure now in the NFL is that you're going to have change. You've got to manage it every year."
Season ticket sales have been lagging when stacked u to the tickets sold at this time last season, however, the team was coming off the NFC West Division title and first ever playoff victory.
The Saints kickoff training camp on July 26th in Thibodaux, Louisiana and will be competing in the NFC South Division consisting of Carolina, Atlanta, and Tampa Bay.