Cayenne-Rubbed Chicken Breast with Avocado Salsa
from The Eatery at E-Fitness and Wellness
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
- Coarse sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6-8 oz ea)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Haas avocado, cut into chunks
In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon salt, ground pepper, and cayenne; rub all over chicken Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 8-10 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine onion and lime juice; set aside. Just before serving, fold avocado chunks into onion mixture; season with salt and pepper.