1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WLOX, 208 Debuys Road, Biloxi, Mississippi 39531 and Beau Rivage in conjunction with multiple other wedding sponsors. The entry period for the promotion begins at 9:00 AM on December 7th, 2007 and ends at 5:00 PM on January 15th, 2008. All entries must be received by 5:00 PM on January 15th, 2008. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules and verifies that all eligibility requirements are met.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., Cosmos Broadcasting Corporation, WLOX TV, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Contest is only open to legal U.S. residents, 18 years of age and over, who reside in the WLOX market area as determined by WLOX. Employees of WLOX and other participating sponsors, advertisers and promotion agencies, prize suppliers and immediate family members (spouses, children, parents or siblings) and persons living in the same household of each of the above are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
To qualify, you both must be able to appear and get married on June 20, 2008 at Gulf Hills Hotel and Conference Center in Ocean Springs, MS in addition to multiple appearances on various WLOX News Programs - taped and live - as arranged by WLOX. Additionally, winners will need to be available to meet on the designated times with the Wedding Consultant, sponsors and WLOX - as arranged by WLOX.
3. How to Enter. There is only one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 9:00 AM on December 7th, 2007, individuals can log on to www.wlox.com and complete the online entry form. To enter, print and complete the entry form in its entirety and return with a short essay and photographs OR a video entry of 3 minutes or less (VHS or DVD format), telling us why the two of you should be chosen to win a Dream Wedding. (Note: Both of you must appear in the photos or video entry.) Mail the form with your essay & photos or VHS-DVD entry to: WLOX TV, Attn: Dream Wedding, 208 Debuys Rd., Biloxi, MS 39531. Entries must be received by 5:00 PM on January 15th, 2008 in order to qualify.
4. Prize. There will be one winner for the prize package. Prize package includes items and/or services from The Jewelry Box at Beau Rivage Resort, Gulf Hills Hotel, Occasions of Hattiesburg, Sweet Stuff, Black Tie Collection, Flowers Forever & Gifts, Chuck Kelly Salon, Gulfport-Biloxi International Airport, Catered Thymes, Imagine That, Triplett Photography, ABC Rental Centers, Apex Laundry & Tablecloth Rentals, Image Sun Tanning, and music by Samantha Lynn Hart.
5. How the Prize is Awarded. All eligible entries will be considered during the selection process for our three finalist couples. Up to ten couples will be considered as finalist candidates that are subject to a background check as well as an interviewing process with WLOX. From the 10 finalist candidates, WLOX will determine the final three couple finalists. Judges will consist of WLOX and its sponsors and all decisions by judges are within their discretion and are final and binding. WLOX viewers will vote online at wlox.com to determine the winning couple of the Dream Wedding out of the three finalist couples.
Notification Details: WLOX staff and/or independent judges, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects, will conduct the selections of the 10 finalist couples. These 10 couples will go through an interview process with WLOX and/or sponsors to determine the 3 finalist couples. The 3 finalists' entries will then be posted online to let the audience select a winner. The finalist couples will have background checks processed individually and interviews will be conducted. To be considered a finalist, you will need to schedule a time to meet with WLOX in person to go over the guidelines and rules for the promotion. You will only be considered as a finalist candidate, when the Finalist Release Form, signed by both parties, arrives in-house at WLOX and the couple has met in person with WLOX to go over the rules/guidelines. If the couple does not sign the agreement and does not respond to contact from WLOX, an alternate couple will be selected as a finalist candidate.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification may be required to claim prize(s). Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WLOX TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto. No substitutions, cash equivalents or transfers of prizes are permitted. WLOX reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, and all other expenses not specified as being included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners.
8. Additional terms: By participating, entrants agree to (a) abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and to allow the use of their names, likenesses and/or statements by WLOX for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation; and (b) release, discharge and hold harmless, WLOX and its parent companies, subsidiaries and their respective officers, directors, employees, prize supplies and agents from all claims or damages arising out of their participation in the contest and acceptance and use/misuse of the prize included. Anything to do with the wedding not included in the prize package will be subject to the expense of the couple with the approval of WLOX TV.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsors, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
10. Sponsors' Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WLOX TV. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WLOX TV are final and binding. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsors' web sites, or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion.
All entries become the property of WLOX and Sponsors, and WLOX and Sponsors reserve the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsors), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempts. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsors in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WLOX, Attn: Dream Wedding, 208 Debuys Road, Biloxi, MS, 39531 before December 31, 2008.