Sandbags are now available at locations across the three coastal counties. Remember to bring a shovel, and in Harrison County bring bags. This is a do it yourself job.
Hancock County Sandbag Locations
- Diamondhead East Rec. Center/Playground
- North County Barn on Highway 43
- County Government Complex off of Longfellow Road next to the water tower
- The former Charles B. Murphy Elementary in Pearlington
- South County Barn in Lakeshore
Jackson County Sandbag Locations
- West Jackson County VFD (Big Ridge Rd.)
- St. Andrews VFD (Elm St.)
- Fontainebleau VFD (4920 Beach St.)
- Forts Lake VFD (Orange Grove Rd.)
- Three Rivers VFD (Hwy 63)
- East Road Dept. (Hwy. 63 in Escatawpa)
- Central Road Dept. (Hwy. 57 in Vancleave)
- West Road Dept. on (Hwy. 609 in St. Martin)
Harrison County Sandbag Locations
- Cowan Lorraine Road Work Center
Jackson County Shelters
Jackson County has issued a mandatory evacuation for people living in mobile homes or travel trailers and for people living in low-lying areas.
- St. Martin Community Center on Lemonye Blvd.
- Latimer Community Center on 10908 Daisy Vestry Rd.
- Jackson County Fairgrounds on Shortcut Rd.
- East Central Community Center on 4300 Hwy 614 (Special Medicals Needs)
- Vancleave Vo-Tech Center on Hwy 57 (Pet Shelter)
Jackson County, local school systems and the Red Cross are preparing to begin its free bus transportation service. Residents can still register by calling (228) 712-2333. School buses could start picking up registered residents at their homes this afternoon. Each bus will take residents to a Red Cross shelter inside the County. Pack only the essentials; there is a two bag limit per rider.
The Pet Shelter will open at the same time as general population shelters. The Pet shelter will access small to medium size domesticated pets (cats, dogs, gerbils.) No exotic animals (snakes, monkeys, etc.) Pets must be inside a safe travel container and must have proof of shots. Owners can't stay with their pets at the animal shelter. The animal shelters will be staffed by trained county personnel.
Hancock County Shelters
- North Hancock Elementary School
Hancock and Harrison Counties have issued an evacuation recommendation for all residents who reside in a FEMA trailer, mobile home or other similar structure. Residents are encouraged to leave the immediate area of the Mississippi Gulf Coast and seek shelter in a sturdy structure.
Harrison County Shelters
For transportation assistance, Harrison County residents are told to call (228) 896-8080. For patients with special medical needs, please call (228) 865-4111 or (228) 865-1251.
The following public schools are open as shelters of last resort:
- Lizana Elementary School (15341 Lizana School Road)
- North Bay Elementary, Biloxi (1825 Popps Ferry Road)
- Central Elementary School, Gulfport (1043 Pass Road)
- Harrison Central High School (15600 School Road)
- Harrison Central Elementary (15451 Dedeaux Road)
- D'Iberville High School (3320 Warrior Drive)
- Saucier Elementary School (24052 First Street)
- Good Deeds Community Center (15101 Madison Street)