It's that time again, and with these recipes, you can enjoy Girl Scout cookies all year long. Just buy a few extra boxes and put them in the freezer.
PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY ICE CREAM SUNDAE PIE
- 1 box (9 oz.) Girl Scout Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 5 Tbsp. Butter or margarine, melted
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2/3 cup strawberry topping
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
- Chocolate fudge topping, optional
Place cookies in food processor or blender; process until fine crumbs. To make crust, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Set aside ½ cup of crumb mixture and press remaining crumbs into bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Freeze until firm. Spread 2 cups ice cream in an even layer over cookie crust. Drizzle with 1/3 cup strawberry topping and sprinkle with ¼ cup reserved crumb mixture. Top with remaining 2 cups ice cream, spread in an even layer. Drizzle remaining 1/3 cup strawberry topping. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup crumb topping and chopped peanuts. Freeze until firm. To serve, cut into 8 wedges. If desired, top each serving with chocolate fudge topping. Makes 8 servings.
The flat shape and light, delicate taste of Shortbread cookies make them perfect for mini ice cream sandwiches. For the daring, try this recipe with Thin Mints or Samoas!
- 1 qt. Sherbet, frozen yogurt or ice cream, softened
- Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies (2 per sandwich)
- 1 empty 6 oz. juice can
Fill juice can with softened sherbet, frozen yogurt or ice cream and refreeze. Remove the end of the juice can and push frozen sherbet, yogurt or ice cream out and slice into ¼ inch rounds. Sandwich each slice between two Shortbread cookies. Store in freezer. Makes: As many as you like!
CHOCOLATE THIN MINT PIZZA SUPREME
- 1 pkg. (18 oz.) refrigerated chocolate chunk cookie dough.
- ½ pkg. (19 cookies)
- Girl Scout Thin Mints
- ½ cup white chocolate morsels
- Vanilla ice cream, optional