Toddler Death Shocks Community - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Toddler Death Shocks Community

Shocking news out of Pearl River County tonight. Picayune police believe an infant boy died because he accidentally swallowed the drug oxycontin. His mother was arrested over the weekend and charged with culpable negligence manslaughter. 22 year old Wendy Lee bonded out of jail this morning.

According to Picayune police, Lee knew that on Friday her son swallowed the oxycontin tablet. But she didn't take him to the hospital. A day later, 11 month old Justin Lee died. Police say they have no idea why Mrs. Lee refused to get medical treatment for the infant. They don't know if the oxycontin was a prescription.

And they're not sure if other family members may be implicated in this case.

Powered by Frankly