Fire Guts Waveland Home - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Fire Guts Waveland Home

A candle left unattended for just a few short minutes is being blamed for a fire that gutted most of a beach front home in Waveland Saturday morning.

The fire broke out at 734 South Beach Boulevard shortly after 7 a.m. at the Lozano home. Charles Lozano said he lit a candle on a wicker table while he was shaving in an upstairs bathroom. He said he left the bathroom for a few minutes, and when he returned it was on fire.

Lozano and his daughter were the only ones at home at the time. Both were able to escape unharmed.

Powered by Frankly