- 1 14-pound turkey (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- No-stick cooking spray
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix thyme, chile pepper, garlic salt and black pepper in small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavity of turkey. Discard or refrigerate for another use.
- Drain juices from turkey; dry turkey with paper towels.
- Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
- Place turkey, breast up, on flat roasing rack in roating pan about 3 inches deep.
- Spray turkey with cooking spray. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
- Roast turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until meet thermometer reaches 180 degrees when inserted deep in thigh. Cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil after 2 hours to prevent overcooking of the breast.
- Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
Makes 14 6-ounce servings.