Early Morning Fire Destroys Gulfport Home - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

TURKEY FRYING ON CARPORT STARTED FIRE

Early Morning Fire Destroys Gulfport Home

A Bayou View home was destroyed by a fire this morning. Firefighters responded to the call at 52nd and Lawson, at about 4-45am. Fire Chief, Pat Sullivan says the homeowners were deep frying a turkey on the carport. One of the owners said they periodically checked on the turkey, but later fell asleep. That's when the grease caught fire, and spread to the home. The owners also lost a boat. Luckily, no one was injured.
Powered by Frankly