Carolyn's Zydeco Crab Cakes
- 1 pound while lump crab meat
- 1/3 cup bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon "Old Bay" seasoning
- 1 cup white flour-seasoned with a little Creole seasoning
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
Liquid Mixture Ingredients
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Season the crab meat with Creole seasoning/Old Bay and a little cayenne. Add your vegetables, bell peppers, and green onions. Gently fold all the ingredients. Then add the liquid mixture of eggs, Creole mustard, and mayonnaise. Blend well.
Shape crab cakes and place on wax paper overnight for eight hours.
Lightly dust each crankcases in seasoned flour. Fry in butter for 4 minutes on each side.