Fire Put Out Quickly - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

BLAZE BLAMED ON FREEZER

Fire Put Out Quickly

An electrical fire shut down the downtown Biloxi Chevron. At about 12:15 today, workers inside the Highway 90 food mart, noticed smoke coming through some ceiling tiles. When Biloxi firefighters arrived, they climbed onto the roof, and made sure the fire hadn't spread to the attic.

Once the power was cut off, firemen went inside the store, and used fire extinguishers to put out the flames. They blamed the fire on a shorted out freezer compressor.

Powered by Frankly