Police Release More Information On Wiggins Triple Shooting - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Police Release More Information On Wiggins Triple Shooting

Gregory Ferguson appeared nervous and in a daze as he made his way into the courtroom.

Cameras were not allowed inside, but Judge Sean Courtney read Ferguson his rights, appointed him an attorney, and set his bond.

He is charged with one count of murder and two counts of aggravated assault after allegedly shooting three people in a Wiggins home.

Tina Havard died, and her nephew along with realtor Dorothy Lanier remain in the hospital.

Assistant Chief Steven Rodrick shared what he knows so far.

"What we can understand, he set up an appointment to view the house under an alias. At that point in time, he called about 10 minutes out and said he'd be there shortly and from what we can understand, Ms. Lanier was already at the residence getting ready to show the house and at that point in time both of them stated that he just showed up at the house, opened the door, and Ms. Lanier thought that was the gentleman she was talking about there to view the house, and he said hello how are you, raised his gun and started shooting," says Rodrick.

Rodrick says he believes Ferguson and Tina Havard met at the Gulfport V-A as patients some time ago.

He says there have been police reports of Ferguson apparently harassing Havard, but he says it is unclear whether or not Ferguson was stalking her.

Right now, police still do not have motive behind the shooting.

Ferguson will remain at the Stone County Regional Correctional facility in Wiggins under a suicide watch.

Police did not release many more details about Ferguson himself, other than he served in the Army back in the 1980s.

Meanwhile, this case has been the talk of the town, leaving some residents of Wiggins to wonder about their safety.

"It's very uncomfortable because part of the reason we moved here is because it was such a sleepy, quiet safe town. So, it really makes you wonder," says Bobbie Fenton.

"When I grew up as a kid, you go town, you leave your doors unlocked, you never had to worry about anything. And now that's all changed, and it's very sad," says Archie Gore.

The other two victims who were shot Thursday morning remain in Forrest General Hospital in critical but stable condition.

By Karla Redditte

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Pass police chief talks safety for upcoming parade

    Pass police chief talks safety for upcoming parade

    Saturday, January 20 2018 10:14 AM EST2018-01-20 15:14:45 GMT
    This is a photo from police on the scene after the shooting in 2016. (Photo source: WLOX News)This is a photo from police on the scene after the shooting in 2016. (Photo source: WLOX News)

    Officials in Pass Christian are already making plans for tighter security at this year's annual Mardi Gras parade. Part of that decision comes just two years after a fatal shooting at the parade claimed the lives of two men and left multiple others injured.

    More >>

    Officials in Pass Christian are already making plans for tighter security at this year's annual Mardi Gras parade. Part of that decision comes just two years after a fatal shooting at the parade claimed the lives of two men and left multiple others injured.

    More >>
  • Three people shot at Biloxi nightclub

    Three people shot at Biloxi nightclub

    Saturday, January 20 2018 9:31 AM EST2018-01-20 14:31:56 GMT
    Wayna Scott, 21 of Gautier, is charged in an overnight shooting Friday at a Biloxi nightclub. (Source: Biloxi Police Dept)Wayna Scott, 21 of Gautier, is charged in an overnight shooting Friday at a Biloxi nightclub. (Source: Biloxi Police Dept)

    A Gautier man is now behind bars after a nightclub shooting in Biloxi left three people injured overnight Friday.

    More >>

    A Gautier man is now behind bars after a nightclub shooting in Biloxi left three people injured overnight Friday.

    More >>
  • Two arrested for burglary and restaurant fire, police say

    Two arrested for burglary and restaurant fire, police say

    Friday, January 19 2018 9:43 PM EST2018-01-20 02:43:18 GMT
    Police say the suspects took a safe and a cash register before setting the restaurant ablaze. (Photo Source: WLOX)Police say the suspects took a safe and a cash register before setting the restaurant ablaze. (Photo Source: WLOX)

    Two men have been arrested after they allegedly stole from a Saucier restaurant and set the building on fire. 

    More >>

    Two men have been arrested after they allegedly stole from a Saucier restaurant and set the building on fire. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly