1. How important is it to have my system serviced yearly?
Very important. Servicing prolongs the life, efficiency and safety of your equipment. All manufacturers require yearly service to maintain warranty status and the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) recommends yearly inspections.
2. How often should I check/change my furnace filter?
a. 1" filter – check or change monthly
b. 1" electrostatic – cleaned monthly
c. 4" media – check quarterly, change as needed
d. Electronic (E.A.C.) – clean bi-monthly
3. Can I service my own equipment?
Yes, but it is preferable to have it serviced by a qualified service technician. A certified technician is a professional who has been trained to work with the high and low voltage electrical and extreme pressures found on your system.
4. Should I cover my air conditioner during winter months?
Yes, but only the top of the unit.
5. What are the benefits of having my duct system cleaned?
Studies have shown that home duct systems should be kept clean to reduce allergens and dust particles in the air stream of your home and prolong the life and efficiency of your equipment.
6. What can help my allergy symptoms in my home?
Better filtration, humidification, ultra-violet lights and duct cleaning.
7. How do I know if I need a programmable thermostat for my home?
a. Are homeowners home during the day or night?
b. Do you change your temperature settings many times during the day or night?
c. Do you have a problem remembering to change your filter?
If you have answered "yes" to any of these questions, a programmable thermostat may benefit you.
8. Is R-22 Freon really being phased out?
Definitely yes. The Clean Air Act of 1990 mandated a complete phase-out of R-22 and in 1996 a production cap was placed on its production. In 2004 production of R-22 will be cut by 25% and the manufacture of R-22 compatible equipment will be prohibited after 2010. Production of R-22 will be banned completely is 2020. The replacement is a much more environmentally friendly chemical, R-410A.