- ¾ lb. cooked lean beef, sliced ⅛ inch thick and cut into 1-inch wide strips
- ¾ lb. All-purpose potatoes
- ½ cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2½ Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Mixed salad greens
- ¼ cup coarse-grain or regular Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1½ Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
Cut potatoes into 1-inch pieces; place in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes.
Meanwhile in large bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Add hot potatoes to dressing; toss gently to coat. Cool.
Add beef, onion and parsley to potato mixture, mixing lightly. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. To serve, arrange salad greens on serving platter; top with beef mixture. Makes 4 servings. (serving size: 1½ cups).
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 2 (3 oz.) packages apricot gelatin
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (12 oz.) carton whipped topping
Heat pineapple and juice until hot in medium size boiler. Remove from heat and add gelatin; mix until dissolved. Let this cool. Add buttermilk, whipped topping and pecans and place in large 13 x 9 casserole dish. Place in refrigerator until congealed. (May substitute strawberry or orange gelatin for apricot gelatin.)
1 (30 oz.) can kidney bean, drained well
1 large onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 (6 oz.) bag corn chips, crushed
1 (8 oz.) bottle Catalina style dressing
In medium size salad bowl, layer first 5 ingredients in order listed. Do not mix. Refrigerate overnight. Layer crushed corn chips on salad. Pour dressing on top. Toss and serve.
- 1 (16 oz.) can French style beans, drained
- 1 (16 oz.) can small green peas, drained
- 1 (12 oz.) can white shoe peg corn, drained
- ½ to 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- Mix all ingredients together.
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup vinegar
- ½ cup oil
- Salt and pepper