Florentine Crab Dressing
- Marketplace Buffet, Grand Casino Biloxi
This dressing is great to stuff shrimp, mushrooms, or just roll in breadcrumbs and fry!
- 1/2 pound bacon, raw med. slice, diced
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 gallon spinach leaves, whole, fresh
- 1 tbs. garlic, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups sherry, cream
- 1 1/2 cups bread cubes, diced small
- 1 pound crab meat, picked clean
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Slowly cook bacon in a heavy bottom skillet until almost crispy.
- Add the onions and cook until soft. Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Add the garlic and stir in, add sherry, cook for one minute, remove from heat, transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Keep cold until ready to use.