Jewelry Store Fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

OFF DUTY FIREFIGHTER HELPS OUT

Jewelry Store Fire

A small fire at a jewelry store in Edgewater Mall caused minor damage and sent one employee to the hospital early this afternoon. An accident involving a propane-oxygen torch set fire to an inside wall at the "Zales" store just before one o'clock. The equipment is used for jewelry repair.

A store clerk was taken to the hospital after complaints of dizziness. An off duty firefighter helped put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher. A Biloxi fire official says a small leak in the oxygen line helped caused the fire. The jewelry store was closed for just a short time.

Powered by Frankly