FEMA Sets Up Shop - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

HERE TO HELP ALLISON VICTIMS

FEMA Sets Up Shop

City and county leaders learned today how to apply for federal funds for repairs from Tropical Storm Allison Because of President Bush's disaster declaration, public entities are eligible for assistance. The federal government will provide 75 percent of the funds needed for infastructure repairs. The state will help with the remaining 25 percent.

At this afternoon's meeting in Biloxi, officials with FEMA and MEMA showed local leaders how to apply. FEMA has a disaster field office set up in the Coliseum parking lot. Damage inspection teams will go from there out into the field to see what Allison's rains did to the coast.

  • NEWSMore>>

  • Sinkhole forces Biloxi to close a portion of Keller Avenue

    Sinkhole forces Biloxi to close a portion of Keller Avenue

    Monday, July 24 2017 2:03 PM EDT2017-07-24 18:03:07 GMT
    This sinkhole forced Biloxi to close a section of Keller Avenue from Highway 90 to Howard Avenue (Photo Source: WLOX News Now)This sinkhole forced Biloxi to close a section of Keller Avenue from Highway 90 to Howard Avenue (Photo Source: WLOX News Now)
    The south end of Keller Avenue in Biloxi is temporarily closed. A sinkhole formed near Highway 90, forcing the city to close Keller from the highway up to Howard Avenue. And it will remain closed much of Monday while Biloxi public works crews patch the crumbling section of roadway. Keller Avenue is east of the downtown area. Copyright 2017 WLOX. All rights reserved. More >>
    The south end of Keller Avenue in Biloxi is temporarily closed. A sinkhole formed near Highway 90, forcing the city to close Keller from the highway up to Howard Avenue. And it will remain closed much of Monday while Biloxi public works crews patch the crumbling section of roadway. Keller Avenue is east of the downtown area. Copyright 2017 WLOX. All rights reserved. More >>
  • Numerous travel issues due to heavy rain and flooding

    Numerous travel issues due to heavy rain and flooding

    Monday, July 24 2017 1:42 PM EDT2017-07-24 17:42:57 GMT
    Street flooding occurred on Monday morning for parts of Hwy 90 in Biloxi.Street flooding occurred on Monday morning for parts of Hwy 90 in Biloxi.

    Heavy rain across South Mississippi has kicked off the new week, leading to a significant flooding threat. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for South Mississippi until Tuesday evening.

    More >>

    Heavy rain across South Mississippi has kicked off the new week, leading to a significant flooding threat. A Flash Flood Watch is in effect for South Mississippi until Tuesday evening.

    More >>
  • Woman leaves Harrison County jail then disappears

    Woman leaves Harrison County jail then disappears

    Monday, July 24 2017 12:58 PM EDT2017-07-24 16:58:22 GMT
    Gulfport police are looking for this woman. She disappered after walking out of the Harrison County jail (Photo Source: Gulfport Police)Gulfport police are looking for this woman. She disappered after walking out of the Harrison County jail (Photo Source: Gulfport Police)

    Natalya Dlugolecki got booked into the Harrison County jail on March 25. The jail docket says she was linked to a receiving stolen property case. On June 19, she went to court. A day later, the docket says she got released from the Harrison County jail. Gulfport police say Dlugolecki hasn't been seen since. Police now call Dlugolecki a missing person. They've asked for assistance trying to find the 28-year-old woman.

    More >>

    Natalya Dlugolecki got booked into the Harrison County jail on March 25. The jail docket says she was linked to a receiving stolen property case. On June 19, she went to court. A day later, the docket says she got released from the Harrison County jail. Gulfport police say Dlugolecki hasn't been seen since. Police now call Dlugolecki a missing person. They've asked for assistance trying to find the 28-year-old woman.

    More >>
Powered by Frankly