SOUTH MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - The George County Rebels couldn't clinch the win against the DeSoto Central Jaguars. The Jaguars took home the 6A baseball State Championship Saturday. The game started at 1 pm and wrapped up around 3:30 pm. George County is State Champion runner-up.
WLOX Sports Reporter Patrick Clay was live at the game with updates.
- Not a great start for Alan Williams. The freshman right-hander gives up 2 runs on 4 hits. (1:09 pm)
- George County has their work cut out for them, trailing DeSoto Central 2-0 heading to the bottom of the first. (1:09 pm)
- In each of the first two innings, the Rebels had a man on second with no outs. (1:38 pm)
- Both times, that’s as far as the runner would get. (1:38 pm)
- George County still trails DeSoto Central 2-0 entering the top of the 3rd. (1:38 pm)
- DeSoto Central plates another with an RBI single. (1:45 pm)
- Jaguars now lead George County 3-0 in the 3rd. (1:45 pm)
- With two outs and the bases loaded, DeSoto Central knocks a two-run RBI single, and Alan Williams' day is done. (2:13 pm)
- Not looking good for George County. Rebels trail 5-0 in the 4th as Jonathan Havard takes over on the mound. (2:13 pm)
- Rebels finally crack the scoreboard with a bases-loaded walk, but can't get anything else out of the opportunity. (2:50 pm)
- George County trails 5-1 after five, still with just one hit on the game. (2:50 pm)
- The wheels are falling off this one. DeSoto Central scores FIVE runs in the sixth, George County trails 10-1. (3:08 pm)
- Gonna take a miracle for the Rebels to bring home their first state title since 1997. (3:08 pm)
- For the third time in the last four seasons, George County comes up short in the state championship series. (3:32 pm)
- Final score: DeSoto Central 10, George County 1. Highlights and reaction coming up on @WLOX at 6. (3:32 pm)
Viewers can follow our sports reporter on Twitter @patrickclaytv.