GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) - One person was treated for smoke inhalation after an apartment fire in Gulfport.
On Sunday afternoon, a fire was reported at a two-story structure in the Ashton Park Apartment complex on Cuandet Rd.
Officials say the fire started outside on balcony from a possible discarded cigarette. Wind reportedly helped to spread the fire.
Twenty-seven firefighters arrived on scene to control the blaze. Red Cross was also notified to help displaced residents of the apartment complex.
The victim has since been released from the hospital.