1 injured in Gulfport apartment fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

1 injured in Gulfport apartment fire

The aftermath of Sunday's fire at Ashton Park Apartments. (Photo Source: WLOX) The aftermath of Sunday's fire at Ashton Park Apartments. (Photo Source: WLOX)
The aftermath of Sunday's fire at Ashton Park Apartments. (Photo Source: WLOX) The aftermath of Sunday's fire at Ashton Park Apartments. (Photo Source: WLOX)
GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

One person was treated for smoke inhalation after an apartment fire in Gulfport. 

On Sunday afternoon, a fire was reported at a two-story structure in the Ashton Park Apartment complex on Cuandet Rd.  

Officials say the fire started outside on balcony from a possible discarded cigarette. Wind reportedly helped to spread the fire. 

Twenty-seven firefighters arrived on scene to control the blaze. Red Cross was also notified to help displaced residents of the apartment complex.

The victim has since been released from the hospital.

Copyright 2018 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly