- (1) 3# Pork Tenderloin, plain not marinated
- (2) tablespoons plain salt
- (2) tablespoons black pepper
- (2) tablespoons dried Italian Seasonings
- (1/4) cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- (1) cup raspberry jelly
- (2) dried Ancho peppers, hydrated in water (soak about 45 minutes)
- (1/2) green bell pepper, chopped medium
- (1/2) red bell pepper, chopped medium
- (1/2) medium sized yellow onion.
- (1) tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
Preheat oven to 450F. Mix the salt, pepper and Italian seasonings together. Rub the tenderloin with the olive oil, then the seasonings. Roast on a rack uncovered for 15 minutes at 450F, then lower temperature to 350F and roast for another 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160F. Remove from oven, tent with foil and allow to rest 10 minutes before carving.
Glaze: Heat a heavy pan (preferably non-stick) over medium heat, add olive oil. Sautee chopped bell peppers and onion until just translucent (called "sweating"). Remove the stem and seeds of the re-hydrated Ancho peppers and cut into large pieces--add to the pan with the peppers and onions. Stir to combine, add raspberry jelly, reduce heat to low. Allow to simmer 5 minutes or so to combine flavors, remove from heat. Glaze can be refrigerated at this point in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks. Carve roast into 1/2 inch slices across the grain and spread glaze over.