LONG BEACH, MS (WLOX) - The cities of Long Beach and Pass Christian are leading the way to take up donations to help out victims of Hurricane Irma in Florida.
The cities are rallying their citizens to pay back for the help the State of Florida sent to the Mississippi Gulf Coast after Hurricane Katrina. Along with donations, the cities will be sending a group of "Team Relief" to help those in need in Florida.
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Diamondhead Community Center, Diamondhead Circle (Donation drive on Sept. 19 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
The Vape Spot, 1988 Pass Rd.
The Vape Spot, 15214 Lemoyne Blvd.
- Long Beach Police Department, 201 Alexander Rd.
- Long Beach Fire Departments, 645 Klondyke Rd., 120 East 2nd St., or 21066 Johnson Rd.
- USM Gulf Park Campus (Hardy Hall)
- Long Beach School District Central Office, 19148 Commission Rd.
- Pass Christian Fire Departments, 808 East 2nd St. and 707 West North St.
We will add to this list of donations sites as we become aware of them.
Items being requested at this time include baby items and formula, gift cards, cleaning supplies, water, Gatorade, toilet paper and paper towels, bug spray, hand sanitizer, first aid supplies, five-gallon buckets, and toiletries.
If you would like to make a monetary donation or volunteer to to help in Florida, please visit volunteerflorida.org.
No clothing donations are being accepted.