August 22, 2017 at 3:07 PM CDT - Updated August 16 at 7:12 AM
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WLOX, LLC , 208 DeBuys Road, Biloxi, MS 39531 and Cruisin' the Coast (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at 8AM August 25, 2017 and ends at midnight September 15, 2017. Promotion is void where prohibited and is subject to all local, state and Federal laws. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting winners, for a follow up offer from the Sponsor(s), and for directional demographic research.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the viewing areas of the following TV stations: WMC in Memphis, Tennessee, WBRC in Birmingham, Alabama, WAFF in Huntsville, Alabama, KPLC in Lake Charles, Louisiana and WPGX in Panama City, Florida (together, the “Stations”). All winners must be 21 years of age at time of entry (with the exception of Alabama (19) and Mississippi (21). Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc. the Stations, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. The phrase “immediate family members” refers to spouses, parents, in-laws, children, siblings, and any other extended family members. Only one entry per Facebook account will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Winners cannot have won any contest on WLOX-TV or WLOX.com in the last 30 days.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning 8AM August 25, 2017 and ending at midnight September 8, 2017, individuals can log on the Stations’ pages and click the link provided under the “Deals and Contests” tab. All entries must be received by midnight September 15, 2017, and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s). Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Ownership and Publicity Rights. By submitting an entry in any form, entrant represents and warrants that he/she owns the copyrights and moral rights to any and all artistic works contained in his/her entry, including any images, music, videos, and/or literary or written content. Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has the right to grant all of the rights in this paragraph to the Sponsor(s), and that he/she has secured all third party rights, including but not limited to copyrights and privacy rights, contained within his/her entry. Entrant represents and warrants that the entry is original and that all factual statements contained in it are true and correct and not exaggerated. In exchange for the opportunity to participate in this promotion, each entrant grants Sponsor(s) the perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, and irrevocable right, but not the obligation, to use, edit, alter, copy, reproduce, disclose, display, publish, prepare derivative works from, perform, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, stream, embed, or otherwise exploit the entry, in whole or in part, whether in connection with the promotion or not, in any form, media or technology, now known or hereafter developed, including, without limitation, broadcast and cable television, radio, mobile transmission and the Internet, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, advertising, promotion, entertainment and commercial purposes, without any payment to, or further authorization by, the entrant. If at any time Sponsor(s) receive a request to remove any entry from Sponsor(s) broadcast, website, blog, twitter account, podcast, social media profile, mobile application, or other media claiming entrant’s failure to secure or any of the rights contained herein, Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to remove the submission and eliminate entrant from further consideration in this promotion.
6. Prize(s). Two (2) prizes will be awarded. The first and Grand Prize is a 2 Night Stay at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, Biloxi (Friday/Saturday, October 6th and 7th), valued at $1,066. 2 Buffet comps, valued at $64.17, and 2 tickets to see The Beach Boys (Must be 21) valued at $109.90 for 2 Upper Level tickets. The second prize is of a 2 Night Stay at Hard Rock Hotel and Casino (Friday/Saturday, October 6th & 7th), valued at $1,400. Buffet comps at The Satisfaction Buffet, valued at $51.98, and 2 tickets to Brandon Bennett for Saturday, October 7th, 2017, valued at $60 .No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
7. How the Prizes are Awarded. Two (2) winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries. The first entry selected shall be the Grand Prize Winner and the second entry selected shall be the Second Prize Winner. Winners will be contacted on September 11 at noon, via the contact information entered on the entry form and not via Facebook.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. A driver’s license, appropriate picture identification, or other proof that entrant is the owner of an account or profile is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a publicity release, and a liability release upon claiming the prize. Failing compliance with any of these conditions, the winner will forfeit his/her selection and Sponsor(s) shall have the right but not the obligation to select another winner(s) based on the original judging criteria. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by September 23, 2017, or the prize will be forfeited. Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. Sponsor(s) will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor(s) if Sponsor(s) report any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that Sponsors, Stations, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
10. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), the Stations, its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering you completely release Facebook from any and all responsibility.
11. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by Sponsors. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by Sponsors are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
12. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WLOX-TV, 208 DeBuys Road, Biloxi, MS 39531 by October 30, 2017.