THE SELFIE SMILE GIVEAWAY PROMOTION RULES:
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WLOX, LLC (hereafter "WLOX-TV"), 208 DeBuys Road, Biloxi, MS 39531 and Brown Family Orthodontics, 100 S Tyler St, Covington, LA 70433. ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 8:00am September 1st, 2017 and ends at 5:00 pm, November 30th, 2017. Entries must be received by 5:00pm, November 30th, 2017. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties in the station's viewing area: (Harrison and Jackson counties.) You must be 18 years or older to enter this contest. Parents or legal guardians of children between the ages of 13 and 18 may enter the contest on behalf of your child. By submitting this contest entry, you represent and warrant that you possess the requisite rights and/or permissions to the submitted photo. If submitting an entry on behalf of a child between the ages of 13 and 18, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of said child.
Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WLOX-TV, and Brown Family Orthodontics and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per entrant will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified.
3. How to Enter. Beginning at 8:00am September 1st, 2017, individuals can log on to www.wlox.com/smile, complete and submit the entry form or mail your name, address, phone number, date of birth, photo of your selfie smile, and your reason for needing a smile makeover to SELFIE Smile Giveaway c/o WLOX-TV, 208 DeBuys Road, Biloxi, MS 39531. Entries must be received by 5:00 pm, November 30th, 2017 in order to qualify. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. For online entries, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant.
An "authorized account holder" shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
4. Prize(s). Grand Prize is a consultation and selfie smile makeover courtesy of Brown Family Orthodontics. Ten (10) semi-finalists will be carefully chosen from submitted, pre-treatment selfie photographs. Grand Prize will be determined by doctors after initial consultation. Two (2) winners will win Grand Prize. One winner will be a current patient who will be credited their treatment expenses. The second winner will not be a current patient. Can include services as doctor deems necessary. Minimum prize value is $1,200.00, as based upon Brown Family Orthodontics' normal policies. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes Are Awarded. All eligible entries will be reviewed by a panel of Brown Family Orthodontics' staff ("Voting Panel"), and each member of the Voting Panel will vote for the entrant he/she believes, in his/her sole and subjective opinion, to be the most deserving. The two (2) entrants with the most votes will be the winners. In case of a tie, the Voting Panel will be asked to vote again among the top-vote-receiving entries. The winners will be notified by phone and email at the phone number and email address provided on the entrant's entry form. Winners will be notified December 18, 2017.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), travel companion(s), and/or any other persons necessary will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 10 days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by DATE? or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WLOX-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WLOX-TV if WLOX-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WLOX-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.