BILOXI, MS (Biloxi Shuckers) - The Milwaukee Brewers announced the following roster moves on Sunday:
- OF Tyrone Taylor transferred to Double-A Biloxi from his rehab assignment with the AZL Brewers
- LHP Quintin Torres-Costa transferred to Double-A Biloxi from A+ Carolina and placed on Biloxi’s temporary inactive list
- OF Michael Reed placed on the 7-day disabled list
- C AJ Murray transferred to Double-A Biloxi and placed on the 7-day disabled list
- 1B Art Charles released from his minor league contract
Taylor, 23, comes to the Shuckers after a rehab assignment with the AZL Brewers in which he batted .435 (10x23) with four home runs and seven RBI in seven games. The outfielder spent the 2015 and 2016 seasons in Biloxi, batting a combined .244 with 12 home runs and 77 RBI in 267 Double-A games.
Torres-Costa, 22, went 6-4 with a 3.77 earned run average in 23 relief appearances for the Advanced-A Carolina Mudcats. He struck out 66 batters in 45.1 innings pitched. The left-handed pitcher was drafted in the 35th round of the 2015 draft out of the University of Hawaii. Torres-Costa has been placed on Biloxi's temporary inactive list.
Reed, 24, was reinstated from the disabled list on Monday after missing time due to an ankle injury, but left Saturday night's game in the third inning after hitting an RBI single. The outfielder is batting .208 with seven home runs and 17 RBI for the Shuckers this season.
Murray, 24, played in three games for the Class-A Wisconsin Timber Rattlers this season. He batted .125 with a double in eight at-bats.
Charles, 26, batted .176 with two home runs and 17 RBI in 43 games for the Shuckers this season. He had been on the disabled list since July 1.