Stove left on overnight sparks apartment fire - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Stove left on overnight sparks apartment fire

Flames tore through an apartment kitchen in Harrison County Tuesday night. (Photo Source: Pat Sullivan) Flames tore through an apartment kitchen in Harrison County Tuesday night. (Photo Source: Pat Sullivan)
HARRISON COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -

Flames tore through an apartment kitchen in Harrison County Tuesday night. County Fire Marshal Pat Sullivan said the fire started because a stove was left on.

Firemen got the blaze on 29th Street under control in about 10 minutes. The flames caused major fire and smoke damage to one apartment unit and smoke damage to another.

People were inside the units but were able to escape safely. The Red Cross was called in to assist the families that were displaced by the fire.

Copyright 2017 WLOX. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly