Thanks to gardeners, Mississippi Bee Farmers have additional plants for their bees to harvest nectar from to make into delicious local honey. Farm Families enjoy teaching others about bees and their benefit to our environment.
Eating locally produced honey has many health benefits including reducing allergies to local plants.
The color and flavor of honey differ depending on the bees’ nectar source (the blossoms). In general, lighter colored honeys are mild in flavor, while darker honeys are usually more robust in flavor.
Pumpkin Honey Bread
- 1 cup - honey
- 1/2 cup - butter or margarine, softened
- 1 can (16 oz.) - solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 - eggs
- 4 cups - flour
- 4 teaspoons - baking powder
- 2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons - ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon - baking soda
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 1 teaspoon - ground nutmeg