Here's a glance of Mississippi military installations affected under base closure and realignment recommendations announced Friday by the Pentagon.
This list was provided by U.S. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.:
- Mississippi Army Ammunition Plant, Hancock County: Recommended for closure. Loss of four civilian and 50 contractor jobs.
- Naval Station Pascagoula: Recommended for closure. Loss of 844 military, 112 civilian and seven contractor jobs.
- U.S. Army Reserve Center Vicksburg: Recommended for closure. Loss of 26 military and two civilian jobs.
- Columbus Air Force Base: Recommended for gain of 104 military and three civilian jobs.
- Jackson International Airport Air Guard Station: Recommended for gain of one civilian job.
- Naval Human Resources Support Center Southeast, Hancock County: Recommended for realignment. Loss of 138 civilian and 10 contractor jobs.
- Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi: Recommended for realignment. Loss of 181 military, 31 civilian and 190 contractor jobs.
- Key Air Guard Station, Meridian: Recommended for realignment. Loss of 33 military and 142 civilian jobs.
- Naval Air Station Meridian: Recommended for realignment. Loss of 15 military jobs and one contractor job.
- Total for Mississippi: Loss of 995 military, 425 civilian and 258 contractor jobs.
(Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)