MISSISSIPPI (WLOX) - Seven new sampling stations in South Mississippi are now under water contact advisories. The Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality announced the following advisories on Thursday:
- Station 11A -- Edgewater Beach in Biloxi -- from Debuys Rd. east to Edgewater Ave.
- Station 12A – Biloxi West Central Beach -- from Travia St. east to Iberville Dr.
- Station 12B – Biloxi East Central Beach -- from St. Peter St. east to Dukate St.
- Station 14 – Front Beach in Ocean Springs -- from the Yacht Club east to Jackson Ave.
- Station 15 – Shearwater Beach in Ocean Springs -- from Weeks Bayou east to Ashley Pl.
- Station 19 – Pascagoula Beach West -- from Oliver St. east to Westwood St.
- Station 20 -- Pascagoula Beach East -- from Westwood St. east to Grand Oaks Dr.
Advisories remain in effect for two other sampling stations:
- Station 10 – Gulfport Central Beach -- from Alfonso Dr. east to Arkansas Ave.
- Station 11 -- Gulfport East Beach -- from Tegarden Rd. east to Anniston Ave.
While those sections of the beach will remain open, MDEQ says there may be a greater chance of illness for those who swim in those areas. The advisories will be lifted when water samples show the levels are once again safe.